As Outlaw Social continues to grow, we’re looking to welcome a Designer/Developer to our team based in Edinburgh.
This is a hybrid role for a multidisciplinary professional.
Now that we have the jargon out the way, we want to tell you a bit about the role, our team, and who we’re looking for.
Trying to figure out a cool role-name for a designer/developer hybrid was a tough one. We found ourselves Googling things like “devigner”, “designer-developer-hybrid”, and even “unicorn”. In the end, we decided to go for “Designer/Developer”. Keep it simple.
What the role looks like
Outlaw Social is a start-up company. We established in 2018 and have been growing ever since. We’re a busy team with lots of wonderful clients. The aim of this role is to have an in-house developer who can work on new projects as well as provide UI/UX input.
In a nutshell, we need someone who:
- Understands WordPress, not just plug-ins
- Understands the architecture and template hierarchy of WordPress
- Has experience with React or Gutenberg (preferred)
- Is confident in providing UX and UI input
- Is experienced in complying with web accessibility standards
- Can comfortably use Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Illustrator
- Has great attention to detail
- Has a natural design eye – pixels, spacing, composition, etc.
- Is experienced with task managers (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Is experienced using advanced custom fields
- Can create design comps when required
- Understands PHP for WordPress
- Able to create wireframes
Think this is you? Send us your CV, cover letter, and anything else that will support your application to email@example.com.
All applications must be received by end of day on Friday, May 22 2020.
Ideal candidate must-haves
- Great communication skills and the ability to speak with clients
- The ability to build relationships and commit to self-development
- Eagerness to learn new skills and stay up-to-date with digital trends to support the role
- Growth mindset, flexibility, and composure to be able to thrive in what is a fast-growing and quickly changing working environment
- Motivated to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Full-time position
- Flexible start and finish times available
- Salary: £30-35K DOE
- Holidays: 28 days
Where the role is based
At the moment, due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely. We have daily huddles and stay in touch via Slack. Once restrictions are lifted, you will be based in our office at St. Andrews Square in Edinburgh.
Our office is located inside the RBS Entrepreneur Accelerator Hub.
We work Monday to Friday.
Who we are
Outlaw Social takes a transparent, performance-driven approach to digital content and business marketing. We can guide your business to tell its story through content that’s sincere and engaging.
We develop great user experiences and our thought-process is always on how we authentically achieve your business goals. We analyse user research, user testing, and user journeys to reach data-backed creative decisions.
Every business has goals: KPIs, measurements, and targets. We want to present every user with the best solutions for their needs, in the best possible way. Creating user-focused content helps to make sure your business goals are met.
We don’t use keyword stuffing, we don’t do dodgy targeting, and we only create content that has relevance to your user.
We don’t make promises on things we can’t deliver and we’re dedicated to staying transparent.
Managing Director Lee Fitzpatrick is an experienced entrepreneur and marketing project manager with extensive knowledge of content, cross channel ads, video production, building brands, and email marketing.
His team includes the finest creative and strategical talent. They’re dedicated to what they do, including web development, graphic and web design, copywriting, content strategy and management, social media management, photography and video, account management, and SEO analysis.